I have an issue with my course, who do I speak to?

Created by Eleanor Addison, Modified on Tue, 12 Dec 2023 at 03:17 PM by Eleanor Addison

If you have an issue with your course, it’s really key that you reach out for help to ensure you get the right level of support you need. If you’re facing any issues with your course, there are several faces you can turn to:  

  • Your academic mentor (whose details will be displayed on your Intranet page) 
  • Your course lecturers  
  • The network of student representatives, specifically your Subject and School Rep. As your fellow students that act as a bridge between students and the university. They're there to listen to your concerns and relay them to the appropriate channels, making sure your voice is heard. 
  • If you’re seeking more comprehensive support, the Advice and Support Centre is an excellent resource. They specialize in addressing a variety of concerns, including academic matters. Their experienced staff can provide you with valuable insights and guidance on how to navigate any challenges you’re facing. 
  • In addition, the Full-Time Officer (FTO) Education Officer is a dedicated representative who advocates for students' educational needs and concerns. They play a vital role in making sure the student voice is represented in matters related to education. Connecting with them can be especially helpful if you're dealing with broader educational issues that need attention. 

Remember, you're part of a supportive community here at Swansea University, and there's a comprehensive network of people and services ready to assist you. 

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article